Last Updated on January 21, 2020
Call the number above to connect to the Land Registry head office with general enquiries. You must arrange an appointment at least three days in advance if you want to visit the office. Calling the head office will put you through to the automated answering service, where you must press the numbers relating to your reason for calling. Here are the number menus which you will need to choose from:
Press 1 for Members of the Public
- Press 1 if you need help using online property services.
- Press 2 to report the death of a property owner.
- Press 3 to get information about boundaries.
- Press 4 for enquiries about property ownership and deeds.
- Press 5 if you need help with digital mortgage services.
Press 2 for Business or Professional Customers
- Press 1 for help with Portal Account Administration.
- Press 2 for help with using Business e-Services.
- Press 3 for assistance using online property services.
- Press 4 for help with Sign Your Mortgage Deed services.
- Press 5 for assistance with a technical IT fault.
- Press 6 for all other enquiries.
HM Land Registry
1 Bedford Park
There are 14 regional offices for HM Land Registry, but the office in Croydon is their headquarters. It is just off the A212/Wellesley Road, which drivers can access from the A222 at the north end and the A232/Barclay Road at the south end. The closest place to park is the NCP Whitgift Centre around the corner, which costs £5.70 for 1-2 hours. The newer Ruskin Square car park is 5 minutes away on foot and costs £6 for up to 4 hours. It is only a 7-minute walk between the office and West Croydon train station, for Overground and Southern trains. West Croydon bus station is only 3 minutes away, with around 20 different bus routes calling at these stops.