Northern is the trading name of Arriva Rail North Limited, which acquired Northern Rail in 2016. The Arriva company operates Northern services. You can contact the head office about Northern railway services using this number. When you call Northern, there are nine automated options. The list will repeat once, and if you do not press a number, then you will be put through to an advisor. When the phone lines are busy, you might have to wait on hold in a queue until an advisor becomes available.
- Get up-to-date train running information or help planning a journey
- Purchase tickets for a train journey over the phone
- Assistance with the app or purchasing tickets through the website
- Book passenger assistance if you have a disability
- Request a refund for train tickets
- Speak to Customer Relations or make a complaint
- Report an item of lost property
- Make a compensation claim for a delay
- Help with penalty fares or a “failure to purchase” notice
Arriva Rail North Limited
1 Admiral Way
Doxford International Business Park
When driving to the Northern Rail head office, it is just off the B1286. You can access this road from the A690 or A19. There is a specific car park for visitors close to the Arriva building. The closest bus stop is Moorside, which is a 7-minute walk from the head office. The buses which go past this stop include the Prince Bishops 20, S441, and Wear Xpress X5/X5A. Ironically, it is difficult to get there by train. The nearest train station is South Hylton, which is around 4 miles away, and Sunderland train station is about 6 miles away from the Arriva building.